AOL Users Information: Having Problems with America Online Browsers?
All graphics viewed through America OnLine's Browser program (PC and Mac) are filtered. The purpose of this is to speed up download time and screen for explicit materials. In the process graphics data is lost (reduced) and the images may become fuzzy, or the original background and text colors may be set to AOL's default settings of black text on a white background. If you wish to see the graphics or web site as they were designed you will need to click on the "Load Original" button at the top of the browser. This will download the original images, but may take a little longer to load.
PC users have the option to use other browsers.
Using AOL 4.x, Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer will solve almost all viewing problems.
How to re-configure the AOL browser to view graphics on the web as they were designed:
If you use AOL to browse the web, you may have problems viewing graphics properly. The default settings can easily be changed to allow viewing of images as they were intended.
Internet Explorer - AOL
1. At the top of your AOL browser, click on the "Prefs" button.
2. Go to the Web Graphics tab and uncheck the 'Use compressed graphics' box. Click OK.
3. Now choose the "Advanced" tab located to the immediate left of the "Web Graphics" tab.
4. Click "Settings".
5. Under "Check for newer versions of stored pages," check "Every visit to the page."
6. For "Amount of disk space to use," choose "100% of drive."
7. Under "Current folder: C:WINDOWSTemporary Internet Files, " clikc "Emply Folder".
8. Click "OK"
I hope this helps - Please enjoy your visit to my site!